Y-COM is a full-service utility construction company headquartered in Melbourne, FL. Y-COM provides full service to the utility industry and is dedicated to delivering projects on time, within budget, and to our customers' complete satisfaction. Y-COM continues to “set the standard” for excellence.
The Construction Manager takes ownership of various telecommunication construction projects within an assigned area to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget, the scope of work, and schedule throughout the project lifecycle. This position is located in Loxahatchee, FL.
- Primary contact on a project level to manage the deployment, execution, and closeout of a variety of telecommunication infrastructure projects to include fiber to the cell-site (FTTCS), fiber to the building (FTTB), fiber to the home (FTTH), Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), backhaul, backbone, and metro fiber ring build-outs in rural, residential, and metropolitan areas
- Manage project budget, the scope of work, labor, and project lifecycle with profit and loss responsibilities
- Manage and track project milestones and timelines. Track, review, and approve in-house and sub-contractor daily production reports, create and manage progressive project documentation to ensure accurate reporting
- Lead multiple in-house and subcontractor construction teams within residential, rural, and metropolitan areas
- Motivate, mentor, and provide direction to field teams to ensure efficient project execution
- Able to effectively negotiate vendor pricing, make timely purchases, and secure favorable delivery schedules to ensure prompt installation and maximize productivity
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of (5) years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant construction, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, and project management experience.
- At least (3) years of experience in project management, and/or engineering along with a proven track record of construction worker management, project performance, and project profitability from award to project completion ·
- Working knowledge of inside and outside plant fiber optic network infrastructure, engineering design and construction ·
- Proficiency with Email, MS Excel, Word, and Google Earth ·
- Advanced knowledge of public right of way and ISP/OSP Fiber Optic Plant deployments to include maintenance of traffic (MOT) ·
- Ability to engage with the customer/client, and establish a cohesive relationship ·
- Ability to listen to customer’s needs, and propose solutions to help resolve their issues. ·
- Ability to communicate internally and externally the technical aspects of the project in a clear and concise way.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license as regional travel is required
- Develop long term working relationships with preferred vendors and subcontractors to secure the best available pricing, increase actual gross margins, and improve client satisfaction
- Investigate project cost variances while ensuring that efficient processes are in place
- Resolves issues affecting projects scope, quality, effort, risk, and timeline
- Managing relationships to coordinate effectively with customers, city officials, jurisdictional authorities, and utility representatives
- Perform on-site surveys and coordinate field meetings to ensure projects meet the delivery/commitment dates identified
- Creates and manages contingency plans for the projects
- Monitor and track work of in-house crews and subcontractors to ensure accountability and accuracy, as well as making sure that specifications are being met and standards are being followed for both safety and construction ·
- Ensure all crews have safety vests, cones, truck signs, hard hats, and any other required safety gear. Safety is very important and all crews must maintain a professional appearance
Our employees get to enjoy
- Vacation time
- Health and Wellness Benefits
- Employee Perks
**Successful Drug and Background Checks are required.
Y-COM is a drug-free workplace. All new hires must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Applicants with screening results that confirm a disqualifying result (positive) will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All candidates interested in employment with Y-COM must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Y-COM does not offer sponsorships for current or future employment visas (e.g., H-B1 employment visa).
Y-COM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.