Pipe Construction Foreman
Founded on the highest personal integrity, the superior quality of construction, and a strong work ethic, Y-COM is a leading provider of Power, Utilities, and Telecommunications services throughout the southeastern United States. Since opening its doors in 1972, Y-COM’s focus has been on providing full service and dedication to delivering projects on time, within budget, and to our customer's complete satisfaction.
Working with us means working with a group of people that continuously sets a high standard of excellence. Our leaders are relentless, always raising the bar, and are dedicated to coaching and supporting our amazing team! Our employees are always recognized for their consistent, yet enormous efforts. Our work environment is safe, professional, fun, and focused on learning and overcoming challenges with clear expectations and communication. We boast of a diverse and inclusive work environment, championing employee morale and safety.
The Foreman supports a pipe-laying crew for large-scale projects with an emphasis on underground construction throughout Florida. This position is the Superintendent’s right-hand, well-versed in preparation, methodology, tools, and safety related to the placement of pipes for underground utilities for a variety of projects including municipal projects. This position is ‘high impact’ as he/she must consistently represent Y-Com in a professional manner and be focused on creating a first-class experience when interacting with customers and the public. We are currently seeking a Foreman to support our Melbourne and Tampa project locations. Regional travel will be required. The Foreman reports to the Construction Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides direct supervision, training, and technical guidance to crews performing maintenance, new construction and emergency repair activities; coordinates and mobilizes on-site personnel
- Provides meticulously accurate daily, weekly, and monthly crew production reporting
- Utilizes knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions
- Promotes a ‘safety first’ attitude and requires strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures
- Displays a professional and courteous attitude toward coworkers, supervisors, and the general public at all times
- Other projects or duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in the construction industry, preferably operating construction equipment such as backhoe, mini-excavator, trencher, plow, etc
- Must possess knowledge of materials, methods,machines, and tools involved in the construction or repair of underground utilities or other structures including storm sewer, water, sewer, reclaimed water, and force mains
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production and precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Must possess excellent listening and verbal communication skills; works well in a team environment
- Must be able to work some weekends and evenings when needed
- Regional travel required
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is preferred
- Valid driver’s license required; class A driver’s license preferred
- Must be able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment, work in inclement weather, stand, and drive for extended periods of time
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable and sustained strength, balance, coordination, and use of your arms, legs, and moving your entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, sitting standing, and handling of materials up to 75lbs
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment
Y-COM is a drug-free workplace. All new hires must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Applicants with screening results that confirm a disqualifying result (positive) will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All candidates interested in employment with Y-COM must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Y-COM does not offer sponsorships for current or future employment visas (e.g., H-B1 employment visa).
Y-COM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.