Underground Laborer - Telecommunications
With over 10 locations and 200+ employees, Young’s Communications, LLC, along with its affiliates, is a leading provider of infrastructure services to telecommunications, water utility, and power utility customers across Florida. We are currently in search of Underground Laborers to join our growing team in multiple locations!
As an underground laborer in our telecommunications department, you are responsible for performing construction installations as requested by the crew foreman. The successful candidate must have 1+ years prior experience as an underground construction laborer in the construction industry. This position will represent Y-COM in a professional manner while dealing with the customer and the public. This position is considered to have a “high impact” on the success of the company.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Safety First! The laborer is responsible for attending weekly safety meetings and adhering to all company safety practices.
- Safety Knowledge of relevant safety procedures in a construction setting
- Assist as required in all manual labor aspects of the project as directed by the Crew Leader, Foreman, or Supervisor.
- Assist crew members in placing underground pipes, conduits, manual labor, and shovel work, operate power tools.
- Wear proper safety apparel, which includes hard hats (when exiting the truck on any worksite) where required, DOT reflective work vest, and proper footwear. (boots)
Skills and Abilities
- 1+ years experience in underground utility construction work preferred.
- 1+ years experience working around construction equipment preferred (backhoe, mini-excavator, trencher, plow, etc.)
- Experience operating construction equipment is preferred
- Position requires daily attendance and on-time arrival.
- Available to work after hours as needed for emergency repairs.
- Utilizes good listening and verbal communications skills.
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75lbs, able to work in a non-climate controlled environment. Possible working in inclement weather standing and driving for extended periods of time.
YCOM team members get to enjoy…
- Competitive compensations package
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage with Options
- STD, LTD, Life Insurance, Accidental and Hospital Indemnity coverage available
- Relocation Reimbursement and sign-on bonus for qualified individuals
- Vacation Time
- Paid mileage and cell phone allowance for qualified individuals
- On-the-job Training for Qualified Individuals.
- Corporate Perks Program
Y-Com is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Y-COM is a drug-free workplace. All new hires must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Applicants with screening results that confirm a disqualifying result (positive) will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All candidates interested in employment with Y-COM must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Y-COM does not offer sponsorships for current or future employment visas (e.g., H-B1 employment visa).
Y-COM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.